Thursday, August 30, 2007

Super Fitness, Toledo

I used the free pass for Super Fitness this morning. The place is huge. It's in an old anchor store of the North Towne Mall in north Toledo. It's on the way to work for me and a friend from work will be able to work out with me since K-Bob is quitting on me. Not really, he's the proud new owner of his very own house. Congrats to him on taking the leap.

So...the gym has everything you could imagine and it's not too crowded. People seem to keep to themselves which is a huge plus. The problem's I see are that they want me to sign to a 3 year commitment. Anyone who knows me (if you're reading this I bet you do) will see my problem here. I just don't commit for that long of a period of time. Not to worry though, I may have found a loop-hole in the gym's policy that'll allow me to break the contract without additional fees.

I guess I'll just sign up and start next week. Here's what we did today.

Thursday 8/30

A) Pull-up: 10 x 3 weighted [60-90s R]
(25 x 3) x 8
BW x 3
BW x 3

B) Bench Press: 10 x 3 [60-90s R]
(195 x 3) x 10

C) Squat: 3 x 8 [30-60s R]
205 x 8
205 x 8
205 x 8

D) Hamstring Curl: 3 x 6 [30-60s R]
90 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 8

D2) Seated Calf-raise:
90 x 12

E) DB Bicep curl
40 x 12

F) Tricep curl (cable press-down)
100 x 12

3 comments:

Tom said...

I was wondering if you ever do power cleans. And if not I would suggest throwing in some sets to your workout. Make sure your form is correct before doing heavy weight.

AC said...

Thanks, Ian King. This current program does not have power cleans however I am a huge supporter of the power clean as well as the hang-clean. I try to incorporate them into my programs when necessary. I prefer the cleans over shrugs.

Tom said...

What have you been doing? I just started again.